Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Carter Gap


It's a late night. Almost 8:45 pm. Usually I've been in bed for a while, but we built a fire, and a good crew was gathered around, so I stayed up talking. I think everyone else is still over there, but I'm the old man. Bangerang, Boots and Backpack, Down and Low, Flex, HTK, and Nails. Good group. 

Did 12.5 miles today. Pretty good day walking. Long slow ascents and descents. Just a lovely day, I really took my time. First one up again, but Sunrise is apparently pretty true to her name and was the first one out, then Bangerang and then me. Nails caught up to me pretty quick, apparently she is really into track. I walked with her for a while, but when we stopped at a parking lot to dump our trash I left her taking a break. She later passed me up while I was filling my water. Where I dropped a glove, but didn't realize. Moved up the trail to the next shelter where I had lunch with Flex, and just lolly gagged after she left. Eventually left and realized I was missing my glove, so I dropped my pack and backtracked to where I thought I'd lost it, and luckily was right. Then back up the trail. Today I also walked with Packrat and Boots and Backpack. Good companions. I also dozed off for a little while in the sun. Had some summer sausage and cheese for lunch, and then instant Idahoan potatoes for dinner. Good day. The alternative lifestyles stayed in the shelter and the rest of us are in our little tent city, with the exception of Boots and Backpack, who are cowboy camping. Tomorrow will be 100 miles on the AT. Counting the approach I hit 100 sometime today. 

Huddled in my tent tonight. So tired of being cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment