Friday, September 5, 2014

A thank you.

This one is hard.  Earlier today I received the news that a battle buddy of mine had taken his own life.  He's gone.  Just gone.  I will never see him in this life again.  As another brother rather elegantly put it "One of my brothers lost the war that we all fight everyday since being home."

I attempted to write a long post to explain what it's like coming home from a war zone and the challenges it takes to readjust to a suddenly purposeless life.  But I couldn't.  So I just want to say Thank You to everyone who donated to Hike for Heroes.  Hopefully your generosity will ease a future warrior's pain and help them win their war.

The following people all donated to Hike for Heroes:

Anne Carpenter
Mike & Sylvia Collins
Don Jacobs
Susan Ware
Scott Boelscher
Megan Poulette
Ray Spitz
Deb Ison
Mike Kranis
Doris Ison
Robert Van Meter
Betty and Larry Gingerich
Janice Wolod
Judy Hart
Debbie Mille
Earth Tone
Stephanie Hart
Carol Reichmuth
Junior Tidal

If I missed anyone I apologize.

1 comment: