Thursday, June 19, 2014

Hot. So very hot.

The entire day (17th) was just blazing hot. It was mostly exposed rock scrambling, also, so no shade and the reflected heat was even more miserable. Bad day. 

The evening turned out well. The only thing keeping me going was the promise of vending machines at Lake Tiorati. Got there, and there were some picnics going on, and some awesome soccer players gave me cold water and a delicious shish kebab. There was also an ice cream vending machine! I also filled all of my water bottles up from a fountain, which was nice since I was completely dry. After  leaving there, I hiked maybe another mile, then found a giant boulder to climb and set my bedroll on. Turned out to be a pretty nice place to sleep. 

The Lemon Squeezer. 

Selfie. 

The hard way. 

The easy way. 




2 comments:

  1. It's hot everywhere. Be safe. Aunt Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went the hard way (with packs on) and I have to say that I'm not sure how Blind Bill Irwin did it. That was the toughest little scramble we've had to-date. What did you think of the ladder before Bellvale? Our group also kept losing the trail on that section, so beware.

    ReplyDelete