Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Time runs short...

Day after tomorrow someone will be driving me down to Georgia, and the day after that I will be doing the approach trail.  That's as far as I have set in stone.  All the last minute details are cropping up, and I'm scrambling to get everything done.  Not for the Trail itself, but all of the minutiae that prepares our little piece of the world for my extended absence.  Not quite as bad as a deployment, but we also don't have the supporting infrastructure (and paychecks!) that we had for my deployments, so it's a bit different.  My wife asked me if I was excited yesterday, and was surprised when I said no.  I don't feel excited.  I am just frustrated that I'm not on the trail already.  I just want to start it and not worry about everything else.  Which, of course, is probably a Bad Idea.  But almost through with all of the important stuff I have to take care of.  

Non-trail related, I had my first flying lesson today.  It was a rather intriguing experience, once I got a little used to the plane's bumping around in the air.  The pilot let me handle the take-off, which might not have been as graceful as others I have seen, but he landed it himself.  No faith in me, I guess.  If anyone around Lexington looked up around the middle of the day and saw a plane flying in an erratic circle around UK, that was me.  Also, this morning I received my acceptance letter into grad school.  So it's been a rather pleasant day for me so far.

1 comment:

  1. God, Campbell, you better start trekking and blogging more. You can't very well have a blog about the Appalachian Trail, and PTSD, if you don't leave your living room. Jeez.

    ---Shadix

    ReplyDelete