Friday, February 28, 2014

I immediately regret this decision.

I mean, not really. But that approach trail was 8.8 miles of misery. For those debating it, skip it. I slack packed it and it still kicked my butt. Got passed by Pack, a thru-hiker who hiked the PCT last year. Dude is a beast. With a beast. He hikes with this crazy upbeat little dog named Bella. That dog will hike me under the table. Drank an ale-8-one on the first white blaze and took the requisite selfie. Forgot the duck lips. Dad drove up the road that leads up here and met me at the southern terminus. Sounds so grandiose, doesn't it? Much better than trail head. That sounds like a rustic bathroom. They are driving back as I type this. I'm the only one still up. Had some hail. Not much, but not what I was expecting. About 7 or 8 people are here. All seem pretty friendly. Umm. I am going to bed. Goodnight y'all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment