Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Reunited

Dinosaur caught up with me and Sisyphus today. Which wasn't hard, as we barely walked today. Sis took off early, but when I got to the next shelter (5 miles) she was in her sleeping bag there. She'd hurt her knee, and was hanging out. I sat to eat lunch, and just never really got going again. Dinosaur, Ranger, Princess, Rocketman, and Santa all caught up, beating the afternoon rain. We played Diamonds while waiting for the weather to clear up. Didn't go so well for me. 

I was incredibly tempted to just stay at that shelter, for a five mile nero, but Dinosaur and Sis pushed on. I figured I didn't have any excuse, but I looked in the guidebook trying to find one. No luck, so I bid the Geezers adieu. Five more miles was the next shelter, where I currently am with Dinosaur, Sisyfus, Safari, Cheeseburger, and Baggy. Dino won a dollar from Sisyphus, who bet I wouldn't show up. Had some dinner, and Cheeseburger gave me some wild leeks for my wrap. Delicious, though now I'm fighting leek after taste. Tomorrow I'm planning on going past Glasgow. 

Princess and Rocketman preparing stuff for the rain. 

Black rock Overlook. 

The Guillotine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment