Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pushing it.

So when I woke up, I did some quick math and figured I could make it to the Bear's Den, supposedly or of the nicer hostels on the Trail. Also located at 999 miles. Around thirty miles from where I was. Unfortunately, the dreaded "Rollercoaster" was the last 10 miles of it.  The Rollercoaster is 13.5 miles of up and down. No big deal, I got new shoes!  

And I did crush the first twenty miles. I hiked with Shybear for a while, until he took a break in one of the shelters. The problem was after that. The Rollercoaster slowed me down considerably, and this hostel would only accept people before 9 pm. So I eventually had to stop for the night at around twenty six miles. Could have gone farther, but found a great isolated tent spot and camped by myself. Tough but satisfying day. Wish I could have hit that hostel up. There's always tomorrow. 

Me tired. 

Seen a lot of these guys. 

Fair warning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment