Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Shenandoahs

I hiked 20.8 miles today. Pretty nice place. Walked into some deer. Incredibly tame, really. I could have touched them if I'd desired, and I had to wait until they got out of the trail before I could move on. Fun to watch. 

The walking was pretty easy, though a bit more rocky than I expected. Not bad, though. I was pretty happy with the mileage considering that I didn't get dropped back on the trail until after ten.

Cowboy camped, next to Pint-sized's tent. One whippoorwill was very loud and obnoxious all night long, I think it was confused by the full moon. In the middle of the night I woke up to the noise of something moving around me. I sat up and turned on my headlamp, two deer were eating and walking around my camp spot. Pretty much right on top of me. Pretty cool. 

Deer blocking the way. 
 
Thought this looked like a giraffe head. 

Lovely place. 

Pretty hot today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment