Sunday, May 18, 2014

Leaving Waynesboro.

Hardest place to leave yet. I walked in on Saturday morning, and left on Tuesday. The reason it was so hard to leave was because Mrs. Sparkle was there. She was originally only going to be there on Sat, and going rafting on Sun and then back to KY, but she tweaked her schedule and stayed until early Tuesday. Happiest moment of the Trail so far was when she said she was coming back. 

We stayed in the lovely Tree Streets B & B.  Beautiful home, and Elizabeth and Richard made us feel like family. It was also a pretty convenient place to walk to anywhere in town from. They gave a substantial hiker discount, so it was pretty reasonable. Excellent experience, and if you're in the area I'd recommend stopping by. 

The first day I walked into town they were having both a car show and a soap box derby race. The car show ended before I could get through my shower, but I did see Conway Twitty's personal car. Watched quite a bit of the soap box derby. Also bought food from all the vendors at the race. Had to support the local fire fighters, and then all the other stands, didn't want to play favorites. Even met the mayor there. I asked him where the best place to eat was.  He recommended a few restaraunts and I promised not to tell anyone about his preferences. 

Met up with The Machine and Survivorman while doing laundry, they were staying down the road a piece. After Mrs. Sparkle came in we all went to the outfitters and then had dinner at The Heritage, where I had the "20 minute burger." Hamburger stuffed with cheddar and then wrapped in bacon. Yep. Their onion rings were like delicious doughnuts with an onion center. It was alright. 

Survivorman took off the next morning so he's a couple of days ahead of me now. Machine left the next day so I suppose she's one ahead. Rocketman, Princess, and Ranger came into town, though, and they stayed at the Tree Streets also. Lady Moose and her mom were also staying there, and they'd arrived the same day that I did. 

Spent a lot of time with the Geezers. Seemed like every time we went to a restaraunt or cafe they were already there or on their way. Excellent company. The Green Leaf had very good food, and the establishment was very friendly to us, even after we showed up fifteen minutes before they closed. Long story short, I really enjoyed Waynesboro, though the fact that my wife was there was really the only thing that mattered. All things end, however, and eventually, after Mrs. Sparkle had to return to school, Moose's mom drove the two of us back to the trailhead, and we began our trudge again. 

Soap box derby racers.

Elizabeth and Tree Streets B&B. 






No comments:

Post a Comment