Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter

Today has been a very short distance day, but a pleasant one. 

I did not sleep well last night. I configured my tent and sleeping system for a warm night, and for whatever reason never changed it when the chill set in. Silliness. Or laziness, if you will. 

When I woke up this morning, I offered to read an Easter passage to everyone left in camp. No one was interested, so I read Matthew 28 out loud to myself. Seemed the right thing to do. 

Beautiful scenery today. Idyllic farm houses and large open pastures framed by the mountains. Quite lovely. Lot of warnings to not get off the AT also. Apparently a lot of private property and not always good relationships with the owners. 

Super tired today. I actually dozed off at the shelter I stopped for lunch in. So I came across this lovely spot next to the creek, and set up my tent. Just under 9 miles, which will make this my nero. Think I'll go to sleep, even though it's only 6 pm. 

At camp this morning. 

Thought this was a pretty scene. 

Moss covered bridge. 

My tent, set up to let in max air. 




No comments:

Post a Comment