Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Moosilauke Mountain

Didn't get on trail until almost one. Said goodbyes to Gear, Reroute, and Ketchup, but was very pleasantly surprised by running into Spice Kit and Coconut immediately. They had just forded a river, but forded back to say hey while I got my gear. 

They hiked on ahead, and I began the dreaded trudge. Really wasn't that bad, but that might have been because I'd had a couple of days off. Ran into a summer camp group, the Aloha Hive camp. They were very cool, and gave me cheese, pepperoni, and crackers. As mentioned before, I'm easily bought. 

ended up camping at the same place as Coconut and Spice Kit, and talked for a while. Spice Kit told me they knew they were going to like me when we met at Neels Gap, the day of the crazy frost. According to her, I said "It's like a magical enchanted forest out here! I'm Midnight Sparkle!" Which actually sounds about right. 

There was a road a few hundred meters from our campsite, and there was trail magic there, so I got a Coke for dinner. Good way to end the day. 


Oreos and milk the night before.

Bye guys!

On Moosalauke. 

Moose tracks. My size 10 for scale. 



No comments:

Post a Comment